- A cost effective, unlimited life potential alternative to limited-life span composite cylinders. SCI - A Worthington Cylinder Company, has introduced an all-aluminum 2216 psi SCBA cylinder constructed to the highest safety standards and construction tolerances. Available in a conventional 30 min* format, it’s US DOT & Transport Canada approved with a 5 year retest interval. Provided your authorized hydrostatic tester re-certifies it every 5 years, the life span potential of this cylinder is unlimited. Available in Yellow or White and compatible with all major model 2216 psi SCBA, the new All Aluminum cylinder from SCI - Worthington Cylinders is uniquely suited for those Fire Departments & Brigades who are budget conscious, but need a longer cylinder life-span and uncompromised reliability.
* Duration in minutes is for comparison purposes only and not intended to equate to actual breathing time nor is it intended to be literal.
- SCI's "STANDARD" line of SCBA cylinders represent an industry first - a lightweight carbon fiber composite SCBA cylinder. Having invented the composite cylinder, SCI knows a thing or two about how to best manufacture a Safe & Reliable SCBA cylinder. Doing so is our primary mission. SCI's Standard line of cylinders are the most economically priced cylinders on the market today. Combining strength, durability and customization options, SCI's Standard line will serve your needs for years to come.
- SCI developed the DURA-LITE 15™ line of SCBA cylinders with a uniquely formulated, highly durable, exterior coating. This coating substantially improves abrasion and impact resistance and is an effective agent to reduce premature cylinder attrition. The comparison below illustrates the enhanced durability of the DURA-LITE 15™ cylinder vs. a standard cylinder.
Drag Test Results (click here to watch the video)
- SCI introduces another industry first; A 30 year Life SCBA cylinder. Exclusive to SCI, you now have a choice to purchase SCBA cylinders that have a useful life longer than 15 years. Fully DOT approved with a 30 years life, SCI is the only cylinder manufacturer offering a 30 Year Life SCBA cylinder to fire departments & other first responders throughout the USA through its network of dealers. Available in a 45 min, 4500 psi version, SCI can even customize it with your specific logos, identifiers or other important identification needs. Contact your SCI representative for a demonstration of this exclusive SCI product.
- SCI announces a break-through in cylinder identification: Complete customized SCBA cylinder labeling! Any department, regardless of size can have their new SCI cylinders custom labeled to their unique set of guidelines or standards, adding unique department identifiers such as a department logo, color or other department specific labeling. Adding sequential alpha / numeric labeling, bar coding or even unique color coding based on purchase date is also available to any sized department looking to combat cylinder attrition.
- SCI introduced in 2008 this new, compact and lightweight Cascade cylinder technology for use as a replacement for heavy steel or ASME low volume cylinders. Since then, many high volume air requirements have been improved or enhanced by these lightweight, high volume cylinders. Appropriate for air, oxygen or other gas needs, only SCI offers its composite technology for applications where reduced weight and increased volume is needed. Consider for use on Aerial Apparatus with plumbed airways, in Vehicle Cascade systems, Air or Oxygen delivery on Medical/EMS units or any situation where high volumes of air is needed and reducing weight is a must.